The Melni team has again accomplished another breakthrough in electrical connector technology. The all new BD2HL mechanical lug, inspired by our very own power lineman Byron Dunn, expects to replace commercial mechanical and crimp style connectors. Unlike any other connector on the market the BD2HL accommodates a wide range of conductor sizes from 2/0 AWG down to #4 AWG. This connector lug implements Melni’s spiral insert technology to collapse around the conductor as the nut on the end of the connector is tightened. As with all of Melni’s products the tools needed are very minimal, only two adjustable wrenches are needed to fully install the mechanical lugs. The BD 2HL comes in three variations; the standard, gooseneck and the long version. All three can be used in combination with each other. This product is a great innovation to the electrical industry making jobs much faster, easier and safer.
Melni’s BD 2HL Advantages
- Range taking (2/0 AWG – #4 AWG)
- Tools needed: Two 1” adjustable wrenches.
- Installation time of seconds produces fast, easy and safe connections.
- Melni’s spiral insert technology exceeds the UL secureness standard by over 450 Lbs. of pulling force.
- Pull tested to 600 Lbs. (UL standard 150 lbs.) 4 times the UL standard.
- Available in three variations making the BD 2HL the best connector for any job.
- BD 3HL Coming Soon!
- Range taking from 450 MCM down to 3/0 AWG