- Replaces the common twist on wire connector
- Improved connectivity
- Works with stranded, solid, and ultra flex conductors
- Quick and easy installation
The Zero Application Pressure Connector (ZAP Nut) brings a new twist to an old concept. Utilizing the same patented spiral design as the Melni Connector, this device guarantees excellent connectivity by “gripping” the conductors. The clear cap also ensures a good connection by allowing the installer to see the wires ends being connected.
- Ease of Installation: The Melni ZAP nut is easier to use than a twist on wire connector. It requires no force to push the wires in. Instead of the awkward push-and-twist of a twist on wire connector, there is an easy push and then a separate twist.
- Clear body design: This enables electricians and linemen to quickly spot a faulty connector by allowing them to look at the copper insert through the clear poly-carbonate body.
- The cable is saved when replacing a connector: By breaking the locking caps on either end, a Melni can be replaced without having to cut out a section of the conductor.
- Works well on both stranded and solid conductors: It even works on the smaller ultra flexible cables that have many more strands. Regular twist on wire connectors don’t work very well on fine-stranded wire, often bending and cutting the strands.
- ZAP nuts can accommodate a much wider range of wire sizes: One ZAP nut could hold a much wider range and variety of wire sizes and combinations. This is because the spiral tightens down on the conductors evenly from all sides.